The design parameters of The approach channel of Hambantota Port is as follow:
- Depth :-16m
- Width of channel bottom : 210m
- Construction area :292,000m2
- Quantity of hard materials blasting :1,840,000m3
The construction period for under water blasting is limited due to the west-south monsoon. The average consumption of explosive is 20t per day.
The characteristic of dredging construction as following :
- The mixing technology of emulsion explosive on the site , which is first time adopted for the deep-hole blasting of dredging construction on the offshore.
- The position of blasting ship and drilling depth of hole controlled by GPS and drilling rod to reach the maximum blasting effect .
- Through building temporary breakwater to prevent waves , this project combines bared detonation and explosion by tiny type reef blasting ship to shallow water area , and then implements the deep blasting which is done by giant reef blasting ship.
The implement of Site Mixed Emulsion on oversea deep-hole blasting solves the demand of explosive of this project, reduced the cost and improved the efficiency of construction, and greatly insured the construction security and project duration.