The works include the demolition of the existing pier and construction of a reinforced concrete pier with a roof cover at Sha Tau Kok. The works mainly comprise:
- Reconstruction and re-alignment of Tuen Mun Road between Siu Lam and Sam Shing Hui to current expressway standard;
- Widening of traffic lanes to expressway standard width and provision of hard shoulders and verges along Tuen Mun Road;
- Widening of highway structures including vehicular bridges, box culverts, underpasses and subways;
- Replacement of the existing road restraint system with new types of parapets and roadside barriers;
- Reconstruction of at-grade pavements;
- installation of noise enclosure on Tuen Mun Road at Castle Peak Bay;
- Ancillary works including slope, drainage, landscaping, water and utility works, provisioning works for traffic control surveillance, firefighting systems and modification of direction signs to current expressway standard; Routine road maintenance works.