Included in projects of the 400 million loan framework, this project is the expansion of the national road corridors and re-construction of the existing municipal road system. By upgrading of the existing road network, the Jamaica national road corridors, mountain road and numerous local roads will be connected into a complete, accessible, fully functional road network.
Urban road of this project are mainly in the capital, Kingston, road corridors to be re-constructed are scattered in various regions of the island. The scope include:
- Widening of prioritised road corridors in Kingston and St Andrew;
- Periodic maintenance of main and parochial roads to include microsurfacing, asphaltic concrete overlay and double surface dressing of these roads;
- Reconstruction and realignment of road corridors;
- Construction of bypass roads;
- Replacement of single lane and unsafe bridges islandwide;
- Construction of critical random rubble and gabion retaining walls islandwide;
- River training and flood control works.